It is not a secret that property development is a multi-task project which requires thorough, calculated steps from the beginning to end. Property developer will face various risks and challenges while handling the project so that preparation in the initial project should be done well. However, you don’t have to deal with your project alone when you are a property developer. You can always rely on other’s skill and ability to help you finish the project. One of important members you should include in your team is development manager. Some developers may find it unnecessary to hire development manager. However, it highly recommended to hire them when you are new in property development.
How important development manager is for development project
A development manager has important role especially when you are in the beginning of your career as developer. You haven’t gained enough knowledge and experience so you will need trusted guide to decide whether or not you make the right choice for your project. However, there are many seasoned developer who still hire development manager because they are reliable to help them saving money in the long run. Here are things you need to know about development manager:
- Development manager is not the ultimate name because they can be an architect, engineering graduate, building degree graduate, or construction site supervisor. They have important role to make successful delivery of your project. They need to work on time and within budget. Generally, they work through the entire process from the beginning to end. You can expect their assist for conceptualizing the project. You can also expect their assist in determining the project’s feasibility.
- Development manager is also expected to help you obtain development approval which can take time in the process. They also should be there when delivering the final product as well as through leasing and selling process. Basically, they have to assist you the entire process and act on behalf of you.
- Finding professional and reliable development manager can be challenging. You need to employ the one that has knowledge and been familiar with the entire development process. You need to choose the one who have same attributes as good developer. It is even better when you can find development manager who can motivate the team and become a reliable consultant.
- To identify good and reliable development manager, you can determine based on their traits. Good and reliable manager are those who have technical competence, ability to see the big picture, excellent communication skills, as well as high degree of self-discipline. You also need to choose development manager who are dedicated to their work.
- When you hire qualified development manager who can ensure your development flows smoothly and encourage everyone in your team to work harmoniously, the possibility of your project to be successful is very high. That’s one of the reasons why even experienced property developers still employ development manager. No matter how small your project is, completing task perfectly is what you aim for.