Involving in property development means you are now both investor and developer. It means you have more works to do including work with your teams. As you have known that property development project is not a simple project.
It carries some risks and weighs if you don’t take it seriously.
There is too much too lose if you are not careful enough in planning the right strategies. Along with all the perks in property development, working with engineers is one of them. Since you are involved in property development, it means you have gained enough experiences in the business. And that it is not the first time you work with engineers as well.
Working with the right engineers for your development project
Engineers are not the only person you need in order to finish your development project. What you need is a completed team consisted experienced and skillful people who know how property development works. Working with engineers is supposed to be smooth. That way, the project can be finished on time. You also need to know what type of engineers that fit your development project and here is the information:
- First thing first, you need to know about soil engineers or geo-technical engineers. What they do is to conduct a test to the soil where your project will be established. This way, you will know the true condition of the soil. Therefore, the structural engineers will know what to do to make the right design to the footings or foundations of the building.
- Next is structural engineers whose job is to design the foundation and footing of the buildings. They are also needed in structural design development so that the building that is going to be established will be functional and cost-effective. They will make sure that the building can withstand the loads of the steel and concrete, as well as the occupants later. They also need to make sure that the building can withstand natural forces like wind or rains.
- The next is civil engineers. Just like their title, their job has something to do with civil works such as drainage system, water supply, earthworks, etc.
- Other engineers are related to hydraulic and fire. If your project is a single or two-storey development, you may not need to hire them. However, they are needed if you are handling a high-rise apartment development project as well as commercial building. They can plan and work the pipes, gas, water, and waste. They can also design fire hydrant as well as fire alarm system if you need it.
- After working every plan with the engineers, you will need to hand the plan and design to the architect. However, you need to engage with land surveyor before go into details. Their job is to survey a plan of your land. If your development is on a larger scale, you will also need to engage with quantity surveyor, they are construction economist who can also manage how the cost flows.